Our First Days in DC

Friday Jan 18th...

Well, we survived the 2 hour and 40 minute flight to Washington, DC. God Bless the two gentlemen that we sat in between on the flight. Aiden tried to grab their newspapers for the 1st 30 minutes or so and then he fell asleep. Their were several other children on the flight. One of them cried most of the flight, so I am sure that our to neighbors were grateful for a quiet baby!He was very excited to see Dad on the other end of the flight.
Saturday Jan 19th...

Saturday morning we woke up, ate some breakfast and starting walking the town! We went to the famous Georgetown shopping strip and walked around. Then, we saw the White House. I wonder if there is a flag that tells you that the President is in the house, like the Buckingham Palace for the queen. But, we didn't see the President flag, if there is one. Then we walked and found a Starbucks to hide in. We waited for Katie and Mike there!
Once Katie and Mike found us we went to Chinatown for lunch. (There are no Chinese food restaurants in Chinatown, quite strange.) Then we started walking again.

Aiden has been on several Metro Trips. He has enjoyed it so far. This is him all bundled up on his first trip on the Metro. He slept through it!
At night we went down to the mall area. We saw the Capitol Building, Washington Monument, the WWII monument which I sure is even more gorgeous in the spring and summer when the water is running. It is still gorgeous in the winter, too, without the water.

Then we passed by Honest Abe, but it was too cold at that time, so we will have to go back to visit him another day.
We had a sleepover!! Katie and Mike spent the night with us on the pullout bed in the couch.
Sunday Jan 20th...

We woke up this morning, ate breakfast and rode the Metro to Katie and Mike's house. Were we took a nap and then went and ate Mexican food! Jersey (the kitty) wasn't quite sure about Aiden!
We met Grandpa Bob and Grandma Gail back at the house! They hadn't seen Aiden since August, before he was a tornado!! It was a great reunion!

Then, we went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center. It is the one with all of the helicopters, airplanes and even a space shuttle. It was great! I really enjoyed it and I know Aiden did, too. He just kept looking around and pointing at everything. His eyes were huge!!
We ate dinner at a Seafood restaurant and then we were off to the house again. We have had a great couple of days. We still have 5 more days to go!! It will be a lot of fun!



Popular Posts